Here is a another sample workout from the Challenge Complex program for you to try:
Choose a weight that you can use for ALL exercises. Try not to put the bar down throughout the set. Rest up to one minute between sets.
6 reps of each:
- Bent over row (hinge at the hips, keep that back flat!!)
- RDL (stands for Romanian Deadlift — back flat again, drive the butt back and load up those hamstrings)
- High pull (same hip hinge motion but make sure to keep the bar close to the body and snap the hips to get it up)
- Front squat (elbows up!!)
- Push press (hip drive to get that bar off the collar bone — you shouldn’t have to start pressing ’till the bar is past your eyes!)
- Burpee with push up (hands on OR off the bar for this one)
Do 4 to 6 rounds total.
Train hard, talk soon -
- Forest Vance
Master of Science, Human Movement
Certified Personal Trainer
PS - Be sure to check out the dumbbell complex workout I posted yesterday too if you haven’t yet: