The equation for fat loss is actually quite simple: move more, eat less, and you’ll lose weight. Unfortunately, it’s much easier said than done And among the challenges in sticking to this equation, finding food that’s:
1. Fast and easy to prepare
Is tough! So when I stumble across a great recipe that’s easy to make, tastes good, and is also good for you to, I have to share with you –
Here’s a healthy recipe for turkey bacon quiche that I know you’ll love (btw, you can find more ideas for healthy meals and snacks like these, in addition to a complete guide on how to eat to lose fat fast, in my best fat loss diet plan):
6 strips lean turkey bacon
3 eight-inch whole wheat tortillas
3 whole eggs
8 egg whites (or 1 c egg substitute)
½ c skim milk
½ c low/non-fat sour cream
¾ reduced/non-fat shredded cheddar cheese
1 c broccoli florets
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook turkey bacon according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- Lightly coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray. Overlap 2 tortillas and cut the third one in half to form a crust
- In a large mixing bowl, beat whole eggs and egg whites with a fork or whisk until well blended. Mix skim milk and sour cream into the eggs.
- Chop cooked turkey bacon into bite size pieces
- Add turkey, bacon, cheese, and broccoli to blended egg mixture, combine thoroughly
- Pour egg mixture into tortilla-lined pie plate and bake for about 50 minutes. Tap the edge of the pie plate.
- When the filling is set and moist but not liquidy, it’s done.
- Cool for 10 minutes before slicing into portions.
P.S. Signed up for my weekly newsletter yet? You’ll get diet tips like these delivered to your email inbox every week when you do … plus a free copy of my ‘Healthy Meals and Snacks in 5 Minutes Or Less’ ebook! Just drop your name and best email into the box at the upper right of the page to do so now.