|The Swing is the most basic, essential and functional of movements in HardStyle kettlebell training. As is stated in the title of this post, it’s one of the best single exercises around for all-around strength and conditioning. In fact, the Swing by itself – mixed with some other basic body weight moves – is enough to form a complete training program, help you lose fat and get you in great shape.
As I write this blog post, I’m in the midst of putting together a new program that will take you through the ins and outs of how to perform (and master) the kettlebell Swing, solutions to many common technique problems complete with drills to fix them, and workout routines using only Swings and a few other basic body weight moves. So to kick things off and to give you a little taste of what to expect, here are some links to a series of posts I’ve done on this blog that cover Swing technique basics, fixes to common problems, and sample workout routines. Enjoy!
1. What is the HardStyle Swing?
This post goes into detail about exactly what the Hardstyle kettlebell swing is:
2. 3 Tips For Improving Your Kettlebell Swing
Three tips to help you refine the Swing movement.
3. Kettlebell Swings For Fat Loss: Cardio On Steroids
This post details a workout that combines kettlebell Swings with some body weight moves for some super intense cardio:
4. Kettlebell And Body Weight 300 Workout
A workout based on Mark Twight’s original 300 that uses body weight exercises and kettlebell Swings only:
5. Kettlebell and Body Weight 300 (v2)
A new generation of the kettlebell and body weight 300:
P.S. I’ll be making an announcement about my new ‘Kettlebell Swings For Fat Loss’ program via email very soon. If you’re not signed up for my newsletter yet, make sure to do so now to get first news of when the program is available – sign up by entering your name and best email into the box at the upper right of the page
P.S.S. If you happen to be in the Sacramento, CA area, head over and check out my new Sacramento Kettlebell Training blog for all the latest news on kettlebell workshops, boot camps, etc. at my personal training gym:
Most Recent Posts
- Barbell Complex Challenge Workout
- 5x40x5 Dumbbell Complex (great travel, at-home workout)
- Arnold’s “secret” muscle building technique
- Anabolic Stretching?
- Contrast Training
- interesting – 5 min breath routine to try before next workout ..
- “Minimalist Strength” Workout – Day 3
- Bare Minimum Workout #10 – 2-Way Ladder Challenge
- Ladder Density Madness “BareFit” Workout
- 2 “Quick Fix” Tips for Back Pain Relief
- The 30 Day Rapid Fat Loss Challenge – Details and How to Get In For FREE!
- The Healing Power Of Self Myofascial Release
- How To Blast Through Your Fat Loss Plateau
- Ready to Launch
- Boot Camp Exercise Ideas
- Sandbag Training: An Overview
- Joint Mobility Basics
- Can You Lose Weight With A Vegetarian Meal Plan?
- 26 Tips For Optimum Health, Energy and Vitality
- 5 Reasons To Train Barefoot (or wear Vibrams Five Fingers Shoes)