While you might not think of a salad as a ‘traditional’ muscle-building type of meal, here’s a salad recipe I dug up that fits the bill pretty well:
The Ultimate Muscle Building Salad
- approx 1-2 cups spinach leaves
- approx 1-2 cups mixed leaf lettuce
- shredded carrots
- 1/2 of a ripe avocado, diced
- 2 hard boiled eggs, diced (preferrably organic, cage free)
- 3 Tbsp chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
Top with homemade dressing made of balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, and Udo’s Choice Oil Blend (3/4 of total liquid should come from the vinegar).
Approx macronutrient breakdown:
Protein: 23 g, Carbs: 48 g, Fiber: 12 g, Fat: 45 g, Calories: 650
It’s got the calories you need to put on mass (largely from the healthy fats) and a decent portion of high-quality protein. Plus it’s damn tasty 🙂 Enjoy!