Happy St. Patrick’s Day!! If you’re trying to get lean, today can be challenging … this healthy corned beef hash recipe (from lifescript.com) will keep you on your plan and in the St. Patty’s spirit:
Healthy Corned Beef Hash – Takes about 35 mins to prep and serves 4
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 large onion, chopped
4 cups diced cooked potatoes or frozen hash brown potatoes
1 cup chopped lean corned beef brisket (4 ounces)
1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
4 large eggs
1. In a large cast-iron skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until it starts to brown, 5-8 minutes.
2. Add potatoes and cook, stirring, until they brown in spots and become crusty, about 8 minutes
3. Stir in corned beef and broth. Cook, scraping up any browned bits, until liquid is absorbed, 5-8
minutes. Add parsley and season with salt and pepper.
4. Meanwhile, fill a large skillet with 2 inches salted water and bring to a gentle simmer. Break eggs, one at a time, onto a saucer and slide into the simmering water. Poach eggs until set to desired firmness, 4-5 minutes.
5. Divide hash among 4 plates. Place eggs on top of hash.
13 g fat (4 g sat, 6 g mono)
240 mg cholesterol
36 g carbohydrate
15 g protein
3 g fiber
493 mg sodium
695 mg potassium
And if you must have a green beer – for gosh sakes, have one. You gotta have what you want every once in a while …
P.S. Signed up for our newsletter? You’ll get free mini-report with lots more healthy meal and snack ideas like these – just drop your name and email in the upper right hand corner of the page.