Ready to Launch

Hey guys – if you’re wondering where I’ve been lately and why I haven’t been posting as frequently, I’ve had just about the busiest month of my entire life – but the good news is that I’m getting ready to launch my new training business! It’s been a dream of mine ever since I started my training career, and I’ve finally decided to do it … pretty exciting stuff.

There will be a new website coming soon with general information, available training programs and rates, current happenings, etc. Any suggestions of helpful additions or things you would like to see on the website would be appreciated … like a supplement section, an exercise library, or whatever would work well with a fitness blog/website.

There have been plenty of things that have inspired me and driven my progress along the way, but I think the thing that finally got me moving was just waking up one day and realizing that there was never going to be a perfect time to do what I wanted to do. I realized that starting my own business was something that I had been dreaming about, something that was really important to me, and that I just had to do it. There have been a lot of small details I’ve had to deal with – many more than I initially expected! – but on the other hand, it’s also been a lot easier than I thought it would be. It’s the fear of the unknown, of getting out of our comfort zone, that many times keeps us from what we want most in life.

The lesson, and my advice to anyone who cares to listen, is this: Life is short – figure out what you want, what makes you happy, and do it ASAP. The stars are never all going to align and the stoplights will never all turn green at the same time – you just gotta do it.

Be Sociable, Share!
This entry was posted in Miscelany, Motivational. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Ready to Launch

1. Forest says:

Hi Forest, congratulations and good luck. I have been toying with the idea of opening a Pilates studio here in AZ, in spite of the abysmal economy. I agree with your closing paragraph and think a refreshing grand opening approach would be to advertise “going in to business”. Since all we seem to see are going out of business signs, it might inspire people to check it out.
    Just a thought :-)

2. Forest says:

Hey Forest…….good luck with your endeavor. You’re a great trainer and I hope it all works well for you. I’ve certainly enjoyed working with you. You’ve pushed me just hard enough, I think, but it’s also been fun. Hopefully our paths will cross again sometime. Take care and Best Wishes….Carol

3. Forest says:

Thanks Liza! Things are shaping up pretty well so far, even with the economy the way it is … I think fitness is still a priority for a lot of people, and the way I look at it, if you can survive in this kind of economic climate, you’ll probably do fantastic once things turn around a little. Good luck to you as well and keep in touch!

4. Forest says:

Hey Carol – thanks for the kind words. Keep up the good work, you’ll be back to full speed in no time! I’ll keep you posted if I’m ever back in your area – take care

5. Forest says:

Forest-
    Your a monster! Thank you for all your help in getting me back to a decent fitness goal. Work-work-work! You added balance and sanity and I am certain you will succeed in your new venture. I will whole-heartedly recommend my fellow “workaholics” to get involved- get fit – and check out your new programs!
    All the best!
    Steve

6. Forest says:

Hey Steve -
    Thanks a lot! Keep working hard and make sure to keep me posted on your progress. Also don’t hesitate to let me know if you need anything like new workout ideas, etc.
    Take care